ESPN 100.9-FM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Dow Diamond complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Play-by-Play Broadcaster / Content Coordinator
The Play-by-Play Broadcaster & Content Coordinator will work closely will all facets of ESPN 100.9-FM to enhance workflow and productivity with the radio station and assist with the generation of multi-platform content for ESPN 100.9-FM and the Great Lakes Loons.
- Play-by-play for the Great Lakes Loons home games (#2)
- Play-by-play for Saginaw Valley League Football
- Play-by-play for Saginaw Valley League Basketball
- Generate multi-platform content for ESPN 100.9-FM and Loons including:
- One of the co-hosts for The Offseason Podcast (100.9-FM)
- Video segments, interviews for social media (100.9-FM & Loons)
- Contribute to the From the Nest blog (Loons)
- Lead the production of daily, weekly, monthly features that air on the station including:
- Question of the Day
- Tigers Updates
- Lions Updates
- Red Wings ‘30’
- Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Where Are They Now
- Lead the management of the show promo database for daily shows including:
- Golic & Wingo
- The Dan LeBatard Show
- Shep, Shower ‘N’ Shave
- The Huge Show
- The Offseason Podcast
- Research, distribute relevant content on 100.9-FM social media (Twitter, Facebook).
- Participate in consistent updating of 100.9-FM website.
- Participate in weekly rounds to update weather, sports and other network features.
- Compile and distribute media information for all 70 Loons home and postseason games, including daily stat packs, lineups, rosters.
- Write recaps for email distribution, posting on website following select Loons games.
- Assist with the production of the Loons Media Guide and LoonsNest Program.
- Assist radio station with voicing, producing and processing commercials, as needed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed.
- Have Fun!
September 10, 2018
Knowledge / Skills / Job Qualifications
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Computer editing software expertise
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours, including weekends and holidays
Preferred Education and Formal Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting
- A minimum of one year of working in radio
- A minimum of one year as a play-by-play broadcaster
Send your demo, resume, website to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Matt DeVries, General Manager, ESPN 100.9-FM